26 Oct Sealing in the water works
“On a typical thread locking assembly, there is only about 15% metal to metal contact allowed,” says Michael Rowe, CBC Product Manager for Adhesives and Sealants. “That leaves about 85% of the area that needs to be sealed where fluid products can leak past. The idea behind the cord is that by creating a staggered seal system for the join, so that any ingress of fluid will be captured before making it’s escape.”
Adhesives and sealants powerhouse Henkel has innovated that concept with their LOCTITE 55 product, designing a pipe sealing cord solution for customers looking for a more advanced, modern solution to the classic leaky pipe problem.